-The end of 2009-  

Posted by ainul ilyani in

2009 has come to an end, going to expire tomorrow on the dot! Yeah, that means I am getting more mature. Every time the whole world rings out the old year and ring in the new, I positively change the number of my age without waiting for my birthday to come by adding 1 at the two numbers of my age. Like this, to be precise, 23+1 = 24! You got it! 23 plus 1 equal to 24. Yeah! I am 24 years old now! I am grown-up! I am trying to use word "mature" instead of "older" here because it sounds a bit sensitive to a woman though people may say, "Come on, it’s just a number". Don’t tell me that, I just hate that statement. Ah-Ha.

2009 holds significant memoirs in which I was hit by strongest repercussion along with pure reflex. The split turn ensued from tremendous changes all the year around hence 2009 really means a lot to me. I just want to wrap up and to make it short; there were only two big things that really imprinted a deepest blot inside me in 2009.

First: I was called a wife. Alhamdulillah ;)

 

Second: My dearest elder sister passed away :( . My du’a will always be with her.



Can you see an unambiguous 'Oxymoron' between those two big things? Marriage-Sweet and Death-Bitter, blended at one time. I don't have to say more. All I can say, I keep on moving and traversing a challenging path ahead in brave no matter what happens; I am going forward. One thing I promise myself, I don’t want to be a defeatist even if I fall flat on my face! Ya Allah, to you I resign myself.

"Oh you who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy. Vie in such perseverance, strengthen each other, and be pious, that you may prosper." (3:200)


Let’s pray together;
And of them there are some who say: “Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!” (Surah: 2 Aya: 201)

I compose a simple poem to sum up the whole year of 2009. I dedicate this to you and to me.

-New Year-
Twelve months will end 
To begin with twelve months again
Rewind the previous months passed by
As a new year sets up and an old one finishes
We flashback what brought us joy
And what brought us tears
And we introspect ourselves to the deepest of our soul
Reminisce all the sad and happy times,
Recall how they enriched our lives,
We reflect upon who really counts. 

As the spanking new and bright New Year comes
Save new hopes and dreams
Let’s focus on each other’s mission
Together we track a new journey
2010, here we come!

-Okayama-
-31th December 2009-

This entry was posted on 31.12.09 at Thursday, December 31, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

A bit late for comments I feel.
2009 brought a lot of memories. Hope with each passing year, every event, every moment will be cherished and remembered.

Hope it will make you and Fahmi closer and happier as the time passes. May 2010 bring a lot more fond memories for the both of you.

April 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Tenkiu Yeh ;)..I heard u r going to get married in September, fami told me..Congratzz!! the earliest to congratulate I guess..Extremely happy when fami said "yeh nak kaiwn!"..aha..guuuuuud for u...

June 1, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Post a Comment